Thursday, September 22, 2016

Lost my flying virginity by going to VEGAS (2010)

Since I was a child, I have loved to travel.  Albeit our travels basically consisted of riding up and down the east coast from my hometown in NY to GA and a few points in between, nonetheless, I knew travelling was for me.  As an adult I realized that my desire to travel was hindered by my fear of flying. I was to asked to go places many times, but I couldn't get past my fear at that time.  In my early twenties I witness a passenger plane fly into a wall less than a mile from where I was.  Then when Aaliyah's plane crashed, I had given up any desire to travel any place that took me towards the sky.

At the tender age of 34, I was asked by someone special to go to Vegas. I had never been and definitely wanted to go.  I was quickly advised that driving to Vegas from North Carolina was not an option.  So there it was, I HAD TO fly.


My first flight was not as horrible as I imagined.  There was no turbulence and after a stiff drink I was good to go (lol). Above is an actual picture I took from my window seat.

We stayed at The Signature at MGM Grand.  This hotel was really nice, had quite a lot of amenities, and reasonably priced. This location puts you in heart of access to a variety of entertainment, shopping, restaurants, clubs, and naturally gambling. Please feel free to click the link to view additional details.

The suite we stayed in was the one bedroom balcony suite.  This suite was quite spacious.  I particularly enjoyed taking a bubble bath in the oversized tub, whilst sipping Champipple, and watching tv.  I promise you I was in there for about two hours (lol). Pictured below is me on our 30th floor balcony looking completely petrified, our day view, and the welcome message on the television.


Although most come to Vegas to gamble and party, we came to enjoy the scenery and entertainment.  While there we went indoor skydiving at Vegas Indoor Skydiving (aptly named). My review on this; we could've saved the money and done something else.  It is over so quickly that it is not really worth the money to me.  You spend more time with the "training" than in the actual wind tunnel. 

We also went to did the Red Rock Canyon tour with Scoot City Tours.  I absolutely loved this! During the tour you are provided with a two person, three wheeled scootercar to "scoot" through Vegas in.  Your guide will take your caravan through the streets of Vegas and into the Red Rock Canyon. The views of Red Rock Canyon is absolutely beautiful! The guide will provide you with several stops and ample time to stop, get out, and take pictures.  I had so many great pictures on my PC but I accidentally burnt it out when I used the wrong power strip when I moved to Europe. Yeah. The tour was about $125 per person and lasted about four hours. Believe me, you won't be bored.  The scootercars are pretty seizable considering I am not a thin person and I was able to seat comfortably with these wide hips with my companion.  When I go back to Vegas, I would definitely do it again! Here are a few pictures I was able to salvage below:


Another great thing we did was to go see a show at the KA Theater at MGM Grand.  We caught the KACirque du Soleil. This show is performed in a panoramic theater and was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! There are no words in the performance, just acrobatics.  Please be assured that their movements tells the story so beautifully that you will not even be concerned about the words.  It is was a true visual pleasure. The moving stage, the colors, the acrobatics that defeat human imagination. I can not rave enough! Brava! Brava! They are VERY strict about not using cameras or cellphones during the performance.  Trust me they have plenty of ushers ready to boot you out if you violate this rule.  We saw several people get booted, so please obey.  The cost was per ticket was $143.00.  Please click the link provided above just so you can catch a preview of how beautiful it all was.  

Lastly we visited the CSI: The Experience (Pic below). You walk through different rooms finding details and clues regarding a crime.  You also get to perform "realistic" CSI test.  It was ok.  I could've done without the experience honestly. Yeah, I know it says no camera, but who is gonna check me? LOL 





Dining; the two places I can actually remember that we ate were Wolfpuck's Bar and Grill and the Rainforest cafe.  At Wolfpuck's I had the best shrimp ceviche cocktail to date. I can't recall what I ate at the Rainforest Cafe, but I know a drank a Cotton Candytini.  Naturally, the food was overpriced but hell you are in Vegas (lol).



My overall review of Vegas is that it is a great place to go for anyone.  Again, not being clubbers or gamblers did not hinder us from having an exciting time.  I would definitely go again and with some party people to experience that side of it.  Please be certain to bring plenty of funds because as with any tourist location, it can add up and become real expensive real quick! Viva Las Vegas! 






No comments:

Post a Comment